Tuesday 29 March 2011

Getting there

I've nearly cleared the back border now but in the far corner were a load of drainage pipes and flagstones which have been there years.  Today I managed to get my husband to help me move them but I think it'll take me a while to dig out the ivy, nettles and thistles that were growing there.  This job has been hampered slightly by the uncovering of a couple of toads.  I knew where one of them went but not the other and as they're the same colour as the soil and don't move I was scared I might stab one with the fork or rake it up... ugh!




After all that hard work I used some of the nettles to make a nice cup of tea.  Isn't that a lovely colour?


The new fencing is doing a good job of confining the hens to the field 

5 comments:

  1. Ooh, nettle tea sounds interesting, nice mug.

    You have been busy, no doubt all the effort will be worth it.

    Chickens look like they have a lovely large area to roam. They are clever things any little gap or hole in the fencing and they seem to be able to find it and get into the garden.........

    Enjoy the rest of your week,

    Claire :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love nettle tea! I know what you mean about toads, the little blighters are so hard to spot. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ergh, toads! I'd leave them well alone if I were you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You look like you've been very busy! I am actually quite fond of toads, though I wouldn't want one as a pet, lol! My chickens need to be fenced soon, they are causing havoc in the garden! Lots of yummy eggs though. I look forward to seeing your garden progress through the summer. Have a lovely week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. We have tons of nettles. I'll have to try nettle tea sometime!

    ReplyDelete