Tuesday 1 March 2011

Spring can't be far away now

I've been gardening at my MIL's on this first day of March and it's been lovely and sunny, I hope this is the start of better weather.  She's got quite a lot of flowers in bloom -


click on the picture for a closer look


                                                    Crocuses





                                          hellebores




                                          miniature daffodils


                                          and an iris with some aconites



and back home in our little woodland, a patch of violets


I'm sure it was only a couple of years ago that I transplanted a violet I found in the lawn and  it's really spread.  It can't be to the rabbits taste!  



5 comments:

  1. It's so pretty! Nothing much happening in our garden yet apart from some straggly Crocuses. xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Spring flowers, I have never grown Crocuses, would like to try them and I just love Hellebores. I read somewhere that they hang their heads in shame as every part of them is poisonous.......

    Autumn is officially here and it's trackies and long sleeves in the morning now, but a beautiful blue sky sunshiney day to follow.

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, they're early! We have snowdrops and crocuses here but nothing else has peeked out just yet. Can't wait for the daffs!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love helibores, mine seem to have disapeared this year! Your MIL has a very pretty spring garden

    ReplyDelete
  5. I adore sweet violets..they are my favourite, favourite spring flowers...

    ReplyDelete