Friday 24 May 2013

It's here in black and white



A friend has recently lost weight and was clearing out his wardrobe, so I asked him if he'd got any brightly coloured t-shirts for a project I'd got in mind.  He duly came round with two big bags of clothes; but I think he has a different idea to what brightly coloured is, as they were mostly muted or dark colours, so that idea is still on hold.

However when I saw this black t-shirt (it really is black, the lighting wasn't very good), I had a great idea for combining it with one of the (many) white ones


I mean, what girl doesn't want an oversized t-shirt advertising lager?  

Well not me, so I changed it to this....




The first thing I did was cut out the Carling sign, which left a rectangular hole.  Then I cut the neckline lower,took off the sleeves, and using a t-shirt of mine as a guide, cut down the sides and resewed them.
I then cut half inch wide strips out of the white t-shirt and pulled them taut to make them roll up like so
I just used these strips and a darning needle to sew the lines and 'darn' the hole.  I thought I would have to make holes in the t-shirt first but it just pulled straight through.

Now I've got a little confession to make.  I'd intended the darned hole to be at the front, but it turned out to be indecently low, which is why it ended up at the back, (but if anyone asks - it was intentional).  To add a bit of interest to the front I did running stitch lines with the t-shirt tubing to carry on the theme.



What a game I had taking the photos of myself.  I used the camera on self timer and had it on a chair, which meant that I had to kneel in front of it for the right height.  So I it was - set the timer, walk round and kneel, get up, check photo (no good), set the timer, walk round and kneel, get up, check photo (no good) etc., etc..  I lost count of the times I had to do it, but I got a bit of a workout!




10 comments:

  1. You AWESOME person you! Look how clever and creative you are to totally remodel a t-shirt. I love it.
    Anne xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is utterly brilliant! You are clever! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Impressive re-make! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so impressed - looks fantastic on you

    ReplyDelete
  5. Woah! I'm super impressed. I'd love someone to give me two big bags of clothes to mess with. I do like your design though! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! That's really amazing. Your creativity is so impressive. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very creative makeover Georgia.......love the effect you came up with.
    2 bags must mean more makeovers to come?

    Claire :}

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow! You're so creative! I've never seen any thing like it and it looks great! You clever girl xxxxx

    ReplyDelete