Friday 3 May 2013

Mysterious Fairy Glade



A few weeks ago I decided to check out a local footpath that I hadn't been on before.   It zigzagged round the edges of fields, until about a quarter of a mile before the next village, it went through a little wood and I came across a fairy glade!  I didn't tell you about it at the time because although I thought it was enchanting, my photographs didn't do it justice.





There was a very friendly robin there




and this fairy door in a tree, complete with rope ladder
which is why I'm telling you about this now because something really strange has happened...

when I saw the list for May's photo scavenger hunt and saw 'door', I knew straight away I would use this photo of the fairy door.   Then I got thinking that it would be so much better if I could get a photo of the friendly robin standing in front of it.  So off I went this morning with a pocketful of bird seed and the intention of sprinkling it on the doorstep to attract him.


But it was not to be.....the fairy glade I had just happened upon before, was now nowhere to be seen!
I could see the little wood where I thought it would be, but the footpath didn't go near.  As I got nearer the village I thought I didn't recognise the footpath and maybe it had been re-routed but it was well worn and the sign posts weren't new.  I don't know how I could have possibly strayed from the path the first time because it was clearly marked.

  The only possible reason I can think of as to why I came across it the first time, was that fairies or pixies had moved the marker posts and directed me there .  Probably pixies - I've heard they can be mischievous.  
Or maybe I wandered into a parallel universe.

Can you think of any other explanation?






10 comments:

  1. Definitely those pesky pixies - they move my car around large car parks to confuse me AND hide my glasses! Jane x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I blame those fiddlin' fairies! x

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think they have an invisibility spell just to freak folk out!
    It looked so beautiful too...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your pictures and it looks as if the 'little folk' have been busy too - how strange - could almost write a children's story around it. PS Just had a peek in your Folksy site - the things you've made are really lovely

    ReplyDelete
  5. Intriguing! I wonder who would have taken the time to set it all up and why??? Those fairies and pixies often visit my house and hide stuff too! x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe you wandered into Faerie! Be careful!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've heard that gnomes can alway play tricks on you - or maybe the fairies didn't want us to know where their sprecial tree house is - it does seem enchanted. Lovely blog.

    ReplyDelete